DNN Release Notes — 2015 Feb 04
DNN PLATFORM 7.4.0
- Added Workflow and versioning API.
- Added multilanguage support to Site Settings.
- Fixed issues where core platform rendered non-HTML5 compliant markup.
- Refactored PortalSettings and Eventlogs to better support future enhancements.
- Enhanced User Search to include email and username.
- Removed obsolete meta tags.
- Updated 51Degrees to 220.127.116.11.
- Added HTML Editor Manager module.
- Fixed issue where enabling content localization fails with multiple languages installed.
- Fixed issue where password reset error prevented updating password.
- Added localization support for Persian.
- Added localization support for additional culture code formats.
- Fixed issue where profile properties were not displayed using UTF-8.
- Fixed issue where scheduler would fail when large number of history items existed.
- Fixed issue where scheduler would fail with InvalidOperationException.
- Fixed issue where module settings could not be accessed after upgrade.
- Fixed issue where files in folder providers were not deleted properly.
DNN EVOQ 8.0.0
DNN EVOQ CONTENT BASIC
- All updates included with DNN Platform 7.4.0.
- Created a new content authoring experience exposed to Content Managers and Content Editors (new roles) through the Persona Bar, which replaces the Control Panel.
- Made it possible for Content Managers to search users and assign them content editing permissions.
- Added the Asset Manager, which replaces the File Manager and is available to Content Managers and Editors from the Persona Bar.
- Added a new content analytics engine that allows page and site traffic to be tracked and reviewed.
- Enhanced workflow and made it easier to configure. Also moved it from the module to page level.
- Added a new WYSIWYG editor that also provides image editing capabilities, such as image cropping and rotation.
- Provided a new simplified page management experience within the Persona Bar, which is exposed to Content Managers and Editors.
- Made it possible for Content Managers and Editors to create page templates to reuse when creating new site pages.
- Created a new Recycle Bin, which is accessible to Content Managers and Editors.
- Added new content layout module that provides Content Editors with a way to control the layout of the content they are authoring, without requiring a new theme or knowledge of HTML.
- Added preview capabilities for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices. The preview capabilities are exposed at the page level.
- Simplified how pages and content are published and versioned. Also made it more accessible to Content Editors.
- Exposed Google Analytics configuration to Content Manager.
DNN EVOQ CONTENT
- All updates included with Evoq Content Basic 8.0.0.
- Added content personalization capabilities. This allows Content Editors to create personalized views of existing pages that are displayed based on a series of rules they define.
- Added connectors to the following external products/services: Box, Dropbox, and Marketo.
- Added a Marketo Forms module which allows forms created in Marketo to be displayed within your Evoq site.
DNN EVOQ ENGAGE
- All updates included with Evoq Content 8.0.0.
- Added Content Exchange - Allows you to move or copy content between multiple modules within Social (make a topic a question, for example).
- Added Challenges – A new module that is tied to gaming mechanics to increase reach beyond your online community by utilizing your community (Advocacy Marketing).
- Created Member Profile – Broke down the Profile Dashboard module so each piece can be moved around the page, also added ability to see a user’s activity per day (positive scoring only).
- Leaderboard Updates – Simplified settings, added the ability to control the interval used for display (instead of it just being lifetime).
- Export to Excel – All engagement reports in the dashboard now export to a single Excel file, based on selected date range at time of export.
- Custom Date Range Reports – Community managers can now set the start/end dates for reports, in addition to the predefined intervals.
- Spectators – This is now tracked in the reports in the dashboard (people who have viewed but not engaged w/ content).
- Asset Manager – A file manager in the Persona Bar (what the community manager see’s), also allows management of files of specific users (as a manager).
- Activity Stream – New option available for grouping similar items in the stream (Example: User A earned badge X, then pictures of up to 3 other users who also recently earned the same badge).
- Integrated mechanics actions with the CMS oriented activities (edited module or page, created page or module, edited content, etc.).
- Discussions – Added support for attachments (utilizes a privilege for access).
- Events – Added .ics link (so users can add to their calendar when viewing an event).
- Answers – Moderators can now see who voted on a question or answer.
- All enhancements included in the Evoq Content 8.0 release.